Dog bites are not uncommon. Dog bites affect millions of Americans each year, sending hundreds of thousands of victims to the hospital. Victims of dog attacks can suffer from physical and emotional problems, with children especially at risk. Children who are bitten by a dog could develop a fear of dogs and other large animals for years to come. Dog bites can happen swiftly and without warning. While many dog attacks last only a few seconds, the repercussions of the incident could last for much longer. Fortunately, the victims of dog bites may have legal recourse to seek financial compensation from negligent owners.
Los Angeles personal injury lawyer Arash Khorsandi can help you make sense of your situation and advise you of your legal options. Dog bite litigation is complex. We can help you determine if you have a case, for no charge. Send us an email or call us at 888-488-1391 to schedule a free consultation.
Dog Bites in California
Dog owners face strict liability throughout California. This means that individuals can be held responsible for injuries caused by their dogs. Dog bite victims do not have to prove that the animal was dangerous or had a history of aggression in order to pursue legal action. Location also does not matter; dog owners are responsible for the actions of their pets at home or in public.
If you’ve been bitten by a dog, you should take similar actions as if you were in a car crash.
- Seek Medical Attention – First and foremost, take care of your injuries.
- Identify the Dog’s Owner – It’s important to collect as much information about the dog and its owner as possible, including name, address, phone number, and insurance information. Also collect as much information as you can about the dog itself.
- Identify witnesses – If anyone witnessed the dog attack, collect their contact information.
- Collect evidence – If possible, take pictures of the dog and the scene of the attack. Take pictures of your injuries and attempt to preserve any clothing that has signs of the dog attack.
- Contact a dog bite lawyer – California injury attorney Arash Khorsandi can help dog bite victims seek the financial compensation necessary to pay medical bills and any other expenses related to the dog attack.
Why Hire an Attorney?
Dog attack victims may find it difficult to work out a successful resolution with the owners of the dog. Medical bills can be expensive and owners may balk at any request for pain and suffering. Dog bite attorneys can pursue all available options to ensure that dog bite victims are properly compensated for their injuries. Filing an insurance claim for a dog bite is difficult, stressful, and time-consuming. The Law Offices of Arash Khorsandi can provide you with personalized legal service that makes everything simple. Go to a doctor, heal, and let us take care of the rest.