Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in California
Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity as they age. Unfortunately, some people choose to take advantage of the elderly instead. Millions of senior Americans are at risk of physical abuse, psychological abuse, financial abuse, or neglect from caretakers, family members, and scam artists. Sadly, much of this abuse goes unreported to authorities.
If you or your loved one has been the victim of nursing home abuse, contact an attorney that can help you seek justice. California nursing home abuse attorneys at The Law Offices of Arash Khorsandi can help victims seek financial compensation for their injuries, be they physical, emotional, or financial.
What Constitutes Elder Abuse?
Broadly defined, elder abuse refers to any intentional or negligent act by a person that harms a vulnerable senior adult.
- Physical Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Financial Exploitation
Identifying Nursing Home Abuse
Most abuse perpetrated in nursing homes goes unreported. If your loved one is a nursing home resident, it’s very important to have awareness of the signs of elder abuse.
- Unexplained injuries, including broken bones, bruising, or new scars are a sign of physical abuse.
- Broken personal items, including glasses, hearing aids, or walking-assistance devices could also mean physical abuse.
- Caregiver refuses to meet with your loved one alone could mean he or she is afraid of what you will be told in confidence.
- Changes in personality or behavior are a sign of emotional abuse.
- Changes in weight, personal hygiene, or general cleanliness of living quarters are a sign of neglect.
- Unpaid bills, missing items or money, or a change in power of attorney are signs of financial exploitation.
- For more signs of elder abuse, visit the website for the Administration of Aging
Retaining an Elder Abuse Attorney
Nursing home abuse legal cases are very personal and sensitive. Elder abuse cases require the commitment of a law firm dedicated to providing the best client service possible. The Law Offices of Arash Khorsandi is a concierge law firm that provides unparalleled client service to the victims of nursing home abuse.
For a free consultation with an elder abuse attorney, call us now at 877-702-7274. You may also email your information to us. Our attorneys understand how emotionally taxing these cases are and will help you through the legal process.