(6) Crucial Things To Do After a Car Accident
Posted in Uncategorized on December 14, 2018
The California Department of Motor Vehicles has released a great guide with things to do if you get into a car accident.
If an automobile accident happens:
- Help or get help for injured people.
- Warn motorists (use flares, hazard lights).
- Call 911 to contact the police or California Highway Patrol if an injury or death occurs.
- Use a piece of paper or your cell phone to take notes on the accident—write down information about the other driver and car, witnesses, passengers, accident location and more.
- Cooperate fully with law officers, but speak with your insurance company or insurance agent and a personal injury lawyer before accepting any blame.
What to Do After a Car accident:
- Call or see your physician if you have any health concerns including headaches, head injury, or spinal cord injury.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Report the accident to the Department of Motor Vehicles within ten days if someone is injured or killed or if damage to either car is more than $750.
- Contact a car accident attorney or make a claim with your insurance company and the other driver’s insurance company to pay for your injuries and losses.
- Contact your insurance company and an attorney if you are sued.
- Contact a car crash lawyer if you need legal advice or assistance in making a claim or in dealing with your insurance company.
If you have been a victim of a car accident, please do not hesitate to contact our office. car accident
At our car accident law firm in Los Angeles, we are experienced in handling all types of car accident cases, including rear ends, head-on collisions, SUV rollovers, intersection accidents, and those of a more complex nature.