Bicycle accident statistics show that the cyclist usually sustains the most severe injuries in accidents with a larger vehicle such as a car or truck. Here are some more interesting bicycle accident statistics from the from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Traffic Safety Facts – 2009 Data (released in 2010, and still the most recent):
- 630 bicyclists died on US roads in 2009 (718 in 2008, 1,003 in 1975)
- 74 were 14 or younger, a reduction of 58 per cent from the 178 killed in 2000.
- Bicyclist deaths represented 2 per cent of all 2009 traffic fatalities
- 51,000 bicyclists were injured in traffic in 2009 (Up sharply from 43,000 in 2007)
An accident can also mean loss of work. Although an injured persons wages probably won’t be affected, for everyday normal people involved in bicycle accidents, these unexpected collisions can mean lost hours and pay, which, in these tough times, could spell economic disaster.
The good news is that motor vehicle laws are designed to protect cyclists, bicycles, and pedestrians from negligent drivers. The majority of bicycle accident cases are usually resolved in the favor of bicyclists because most of the burden is placed on the car driver to be vigilant and safe. This means, if you have been in a bicycle wreck with a car, you’ve got a very strong case, if you have the right attorney.
Call Bicycle Accident Lawyers Los Angeles
Since our law firm defends a large number of bicycle wrecks, we are able to fight for your injuries and get you the largest settlement or verdict. Our bicycle accident lawyers are prepared to fight for bicycle accident crash victims. We are prepared to represent any bicycle accident victim, who has been hit by a car or truck, on a contingency basis. A contingency basis means that you do not have to pay us upfront, We only get paid if you win your case. We only take a small percentage of the final bicycle accident compensation.
if you have been injured in a bicycle accident, please call our office at 1-877-702-7274 and speak to an attorney.
Latest posts by Arash Khorsandi (see all)
- Police on the hunt for reckless hit and run truck driver – January 30, 2014
- When Can I Sue For a Dangerous Drug Prescription? – January 21, 2014
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Los Angeles – January 6, 2014