The average slip and fall settlement is determined by many factors, just like any other personal injury case. In a slip and fall case, the victim must prove that the accident was the result of the negligence of the owner or renter of the property that the injury occurred on.
A settlement can depend on amount of medical costs that the injured person incurred. These days, with the skyrocketing cost of health care, that can be a small fortune. In some cases, if the victim undergoes a considerable amount of pain, some amount is also paid to compensate that as well.
Settlements for Damages
You can get a settlement for a variety of medical expenses, such as pain and suffering, wage loss, medical bills and other expenses. In the end, you are looking to get back what you lost and what you will lose because you had this slip and fall accident.
Also, in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to damages if some of your personal property is damaged during the accident. For example, maybe you fell and broke a laptop or cell phone during the accident. The owner or renter of the property, if found at fault, is supposed to pay you for damages.
More About Slip and Fall Cases
If you have a good attorney and you win your case, usually the court orders the property owner or renter to pay a specific amount of money as a slip and fall settlement. This settlement can be paid in two ways, a lump sum or through installments.
What to Do If You Suffer an Injury?
1. Keep all accident reports and other paperwork.
2. Keep track of your medical bills and the money it cost to travel.
3. Keep track of the time and wages lost from work.
4. Contact an attorney as soon as possible. You do not want to wait too long because you could lose your rights and ability to file a slip and fall claim. The average settlement for slip and fall is going to fall between $20,000 and $50,000 depending on the circumstances.
Call a Lawyer in Los Angeles Today
If you, or someone you love, has been injured in a slip and fall accident, please call 877-702-7274 to speak to one of our expert lawyers. Our firm does not charge you any money upfront, we only get paid if you get paid, so this is a win-win for you. Don’t delay another minute, contact us today.
Latest posts by Arash Khorsandi (see all)
- Police on the hunt for reckless hit and run truck driver – January 30, 2014
- When Can I Sue For a Dangerous Drug Prescription? – January 21, 2014
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Los Angeles – January 6, 2014