Did you know that depending on how old your used car may be, you’re rights as a used car owner are virtually the same as a new car owner?
The important factor in determining whether the California lemon law protects you is the warranty period of your car, and whether the problems that you are experiencing, actually took place during the warranty period. This means that the problems you are complaining about must have started and also reported to the dealer during the time where your car was in fact under the factory or certified pre-owned warranty.
Certified Pre-Owned Cars (CPOs):
CPOs are used vehicles in which the authorized dealer has provided some sort of certification and usually an extended warranty. These cars are often the subject of lemon cases and the lemon law DOES in fact provide protection and legal rights for these car owners.
TOP Signs of a USED CAR Lemon:
1) If the car is experiencing repeated and recurring problems for the same issue:
2) If the car has multiple recurring problems with different issues, there is a high likelihood that the California Lemon Laws will kick in and provide you relief as well. Multiple different issues represents an overall lack of quality in the car.
Below is the list of common problems and issues:
- Engine problems
- Transmission problems
- Electrical issues
- Suspension problems
- Steering problems
- Window failures
- Constant leaking
- Car shaking or rough idle
- Loud noises and screeching of gears or other car parts
- Engine light
- Electrical circuit malfunctioning
WHAT YOU CAN GET IF YOUR CAR IS ACTUALLY A LEMON…..
- Return of your down payments, lease payments and other monies expended during the duration you owned the car.
- Replacement vehicle of a newer model or comparable car.
- Cash settlement value.
- Increased warranty period.
Please contact our office if you think your used car might be a lemon. We offer FREE consultations.